Saturday, November 18, 2006

I Hate My Malaysian Colleagues
Due to some contracted jobs in South East Asia, there are quite a few Malaysians who are working in my current company. We work in the same team and handle clients who speak different languages. As we share the same nationality, there shouldn't be any problems getting along with these guys, right? Hell no. it was friggin hard to work with my fellow Malaysians.
I am not sure if it's because of the way we were brought up in the Malaysian society or other psychological bullshit, but it seems like most Malaysians cannot function as a team. There is always something to complain about, something to bitch about and someone to put the blame on. Most Malaysians don't really understand the meaning of the word "effort", all they try to do is to get something out of nothing. Another thing that I can’t stand about these guys is that they whinge like no tomorrow. Everyday I step into the office, and all I ever hear is bitching, bitching, and more bitching. For fucks sake, shut your mouth and get something done, then maybe you won’t be complaining about why you didn’t get promoted or receive a pay rise. I mean, if only they could understand that:
The lady project manager got promoted not because she was sleeping with the boss, but because she worked her ass off for the company.
The other Aussie colleagues never invite you for a drink after work not because you can’t speak proper English, but because they know you are a whiner.
The other colleagues always leave early not because they are lazy, but because they work efficiently and manage to finish their work within normal working hours (what is the point of staying in the office till late, but all you do is surf the web?).
The company has to stop you from eating at the working stations not because they are strict, but because they know you will never clean up the place
The company has to block MSN Messenger in the proxy server (just for our team!), not because they are jerks, but because you have been chatting the whole day (not to mention getting worms / spy ware and all sort of problems).
The company didn’t give you a pay rise not because of your skin color, but because you never really did perform well.
….and the list goes on.
The one thing that I absolutely hate about these Malaysian colleagues, is that when you criticize them, they take it very personally, and they hold a grudge against you until the day they die. Whenever they have a complaint or disagreement with whomever, they can never bring it up to the table. All they do is bitch about it behind people’s back, and whine about how the management team is dysfunctional.
This situation actually worries me. I mean, at the moment I am working in Australia, and by the time this contract finishes I can tell those Malaysian colleagues to fuck off, and hang out in a much more enjoyable working environment. But I do plan to go back to Malaysia and work there permanently. What if all my colleagues act the same way as these assholes? How can I ever survive in that kind of situation?

No comments: